Thursday, July 18, 2019

What Great Customer Service Looks Like...

My previous post shared an example of poor customer service. This post--which details correspondence with ROAD iD concerning a mistake that's 100% mine--is a complete 180.

We should be as quick to recognize outstanding customer service as we are to complain about poor customer service.

From ROAD iD (Paula Hook): Jul 17, 9:17 AM EDT
Hello,

Thank you for your kind words, and for making others aware of Road ID. It's great to get positive feedback from highly intelligent people like you. We find that it's much more fun to do our jobs well (and collect compliments) than it is to do our jobs poorly (and collect complaints). We're happy to know your experience has been a good one. If I can be of further assistance, please let me know. 

Be safe out there,
Paula Hook
From Bruce: Jul 16, 10:59 AM EDT

Paula, hi. I just tweeted (@brm90) to compliment your awesome customer service. The ID I ordered was for a friend but rest assured I am going to reorder the correct size (19MM faceplate) for me soon. Thanks for your time and consideration.
From ROAD iD (Paula Hook): Jul 16, 10:07 AM EDT
Hello,

We certainly understand that mistakes are very easy to make - heck, we even make them on occasion. So, instead of having to order a whole new ID, we would normally remake the ID for a small processing fee of $5 plus shipping. When reviewing your account, however, I see that you've already placed a new order. Because of this, I have issued you a refund of $12.50 for the new ID.

If I can be of further assistance, please let me know. 

Be safe out there,
Paula Hook
ROAD iD
800-345-6336
ROADiD.com | MyRoadID.com
From Bruce: Jul 12, 11:56 AM EDT
Hello, I recently mistakenly ordered the wrong size replacement faceplate for my 19MM silicone clasp RoadID. I've had the RoadID since you guys started making them and finally moved, so I had to update my badge info. Totally my error (ordered the 13MM faceplate). Any chance you could help me out with the right size? Thanks very much in advance.

No comments: